Petswelcome.com also has a Hurricane Update site, and tips for protecting your pets during disaster. They even provided this nifty list:
Disaster Supply Checklist for Pets
- Medications and medical records (stored in a waterproof container) and a first aid kit. A pet first aid book is also good to include. (For information about the HSUS book, Pet First Aid: Cat and Dogs, call 202-454-1100.)
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses and/or carriers to transport pets safely and to ensure that your pets can't escape. (Carriers should be large enough for the animal to stand comfortably, turn around, and lie down. Your pet may have to stay in the carrier for hours at a time.)
- Current photos of your pet for indentification in case your pet gets lost.
- Food, water, bowls, cat litter and litter box, and a manually-operated can opener.
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to board your pets or place them in foster care.
- Pet beds and toys, if you can easily take them.
- Other useful items include newspapers, paper towels, plastic trash bags, grooming items, and household bleach.
It's my mommy's birthday, so I'm going to go give her some lovey dovey kisses, which I almost never do. Maybe she'll give me some cake!