Saturday, November 05, 2005

I Guess Amber Is Okay...

Well, Mom and I went to my grandparents' house today. She said I needed to run around since I had been cooped up with her all week. She was right! Of course, Amber was there. She was very happy to see us and made funny little happy growling sounds while hopping around and wagging her tail. We went out in the yard and I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran! Amber was trying to keep up but she's all old and chubby and stuff so she can't run as fast as me. She is nice though, she likes to run and chase me and she tries to get my attention and play with me all the time...I guess it's because I'm so cool and stuff. Finally we tired ourselves out and my mother and grandmother made us sit next to each other and completely posed us for this photo. I know they are going to show it to all of their friends and say "See how well they get along?" but I am telling you now - this was completely staged!

Amber seems to really like me...maybe a little too much! After the first picture, she turned her head and made such goo goo eyes at me, I couldn't help but show that I was not interested in her that way!

All in all she's pretty nice though. She likes to chase the cat too, but she doesn't hurt her, she's just playing. I guess it's okay that she lives there...but I let her know that I am the alpha! I ignored her some and made her really work for my attention. Then I drank water first and she waited for me to finish. When we went inside I licked her food bowl and checked it out and she just laid there and didn't have anything to say about that. Well, good! That's the way it should be! As long as she remembers that I am the alpha, things should be okay.


Hosted by Putfile.com

4 comments:

  1. You two look like you had a great time. And Amber looks so happy!!!

    We're so glad for you both.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the size of those ears on Amber! And Indy looks suitably aloof in the second picture. I like the pink collar too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that Amber is a Husky/Corgi mix...that's where the gigantic ears come from. My mommy said it's good that Amber doesn't dig under fences, but she might fly right over it with her ears!

    ReplyDelete