Monday, May 01, 2006

I Got to See Ferrets!

Yesterday mom, dad and I went to a Husky rescue event at Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis. It's a really nice park. there were a LOT of different kinds of dogs there, and there were a lot of Huskies! This one lady had a stroller like think, it was a cage on wheels, and there were two ferrets in the cage. She walked up to our table with them and I got to look at them really close and sniff them! They weren't afraid of me, they just looked right back at me.
Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

There was also a really neat big turtle there, mom said it was a tortoise. I forgot what kind of tortoise it was, but the lady with him said that he could eat 4 heads of lettuce a day if he didn't graze outside! That's a lot of lettuce. Ugh, who would want to eat lettuce? Anyway, he was really cool looking. I wanted to go check him out but mom said we had to be respectful. Why? There were plenty of other people who just let their dogs walk right up to the tortoise without thinking about how their dogs might react. Mom said that was rude. Here are some pictures of the tortoise:
Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

We had a lot of fun, it was really neat!

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm, I wonder what ferrets would taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tortoise?

    I saw a strange scene with a tortoise in it in a movie called the "China Syndrome." Jane Fonda walked around her house with a tortoise under her arm talking about her day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woof`woof
    What did you see!!!! all that AWESOME STUFF,You lookled like you wanted to play with all of them, Mom let them out....Let them out ..

    ReplyDelete