Sunday, September 18, 2005

Food Allergies and Fasting SUCK!

The vet yesterday told my mom that I may have a food sensitivity, and that I may have irritable bowel disease. Ugh, how embarrassing! This means that I may be allergic to something in my food, so my mom has to try different special diets to see if she can eliminate whatever is giving me runny poo. Then mom looked up the medication that I take for my skin allergies (I get them every fall) online, and it says it can cause GI upset, whatever that is. Then we went out and my poo was really runny, so mommy says I have to fast for 24 hours, then all I can have is my prescription food. I wasn't sure what "fast" meant - I should run fast for 24 hours? Okay. But as the evening goes on, I get the feeling it means something else. Mom took all my treats away and, get this, threw them in the trash! Needless to say, I was HORRIFIED! As if that wasn't enough, she also picked up my food bowl and left me with nothing but water!

This is, of course, totally unacceptable. TOTALLY. If this is what fasting is, it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment