Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tips for an Effective Temper Tantrum (or, Things Every Husky Should Already Know)

I forgot to mention that on Monday morning when my mommy brought her suitcase into the living room and started packing, I threw a very short but effective temper tantrum.

My mommy had started getting a bunch of things out of the bathroom, and started putting clothes and other things in there. Suddenly I realized that she was planning to not only leave, and stay away overnight!. I was furious! How dare she think that she could stay away from me? It was a small suitcase, so my Husky senses told me that she wouldn't be away for too long, but hey, she never ran this by me! And I am the one who matters here! Why doesn't everybody get that???

So I saw her packing and an idea formed. I remembered how last week when I rubbed my face on the ficus plant mommy felt sorry for me and rubbed my eyes and hugged me and fussed over me. I decided that if she was going to leave, she was going to feel bad about it! I got up, walked out of my cage, looked right at her, and bumped the ficus plant with my head really hard. I thought that would show her!

But for some reason, she and daddy looked at each other, then turned away and covered their mouths. I heard Mommy say "Did you see that?" and Daddy said "Uh huh. He's pissed at you!". So...I'm not sure how bad it made her feel, but it made an impresson!

No comments:

Post a Comment