Friday, November 11, 2005

Cold Weather is Here, Awooooo!

I'm so glad that the cold weather is here! I hope we get lots of snow. I LOVE snow! And not just because I'm a Husky. When it snows, sometimes mom and dad get to stay home and play with me all day, or at least go to work late. We all get bundled up and take walks around the neighborhood and take pictures of me being adorable in the snow. Everyone who sees me says things like "Oh, there's a Husky, isn't he beautiful in the snow!" Well, I am always beautiful, but in the snow I am really in my element, as you can see.


Around Christmas mom puts my jingle bell collaron me when we go for walks. The bells jingle when I prance and the sound is really beautiful. Mom says someday she wants to get enough Huskies to pull a sled and put jingle bells on all of us! I think that Santa's sleigh is really pulled by Huskies. If it isn't, it should be! We're much better for pulling than reindeers!

Mom also loves the cold because I don't shed as much. Although she is used to it. Last week she made muffins. One morning she was eating a muffin for breakfast and she stopped and pulled something out. One of my long guard hairs was baked right into the muffin. Mom just pulled the hair out and kept right on eating the muffin. Dad says "Oh well, we know he's clean!"

Hosted by Putfile.com

6 comments:

  1. Agreed! Santa really should have you guys pull his sled.

    Nice pic! Brrrr, I'm feeling cold just looking at it. :D

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow too, Indy, although my fur is really thin. Last year was the first time I ever saw snow and I just loved running in it, even when it was so deep, it was over my head in places!

    This year, with my new sweater, I'll be able to stay outside even longer. Woo hoo!

    -China

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to Rocky’s first snow. I want to see the look on his face the first time he goes out and steps in snow. I should remember to have the camera ready too. Last year, snow didn’t stick until early December so we’ll have to wait and see. I wouldn’t think you’d get a lot of snow in Maryland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of like the sound of Rudolph the Rednose Husky. And humans are always eating dog hair, but putting it in a muffin was a particularly nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Juliar,
    It depends, last year we got some snow, mom and dad came home early a few days, but they didn't get to stay home for a whole day or anything. Three years ago we had a blizzard where it snowed for three days straight and schools and businesses were closed for about a week! I'm crossing my paws for another blizzard this year!

    Hank,
    I also think that doghair makes a nice garnish. I think the muffin was just the first step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete