About six million cats and dogs are euthanized each year - we can't afford NOT to spay and neuter all companion animals! I think all of my blog friends are spayed, but if you aren't, ask your humans why!
There are also many health benefits to spaying and neutering! The benefits of spaying females include:
- Eliminates unwanted heat cycles and the attraction of intact male dogs.
- Greatly reduces the risk of mammary cancer (if done before the first heat cycle).
- Prevents the risk of uterine infections (pyometra).
- Prevents unwanted pregnancies and litters that there just aren't enough homes for.
- Prevents unwanted litters that there just aren't enough homes for.
- Aggression will be reduced and so will the tendency to roam and fight.
- Can reduce the occurance of prostate and testicular cancer.