Monday, August 08, 2005

The Power of the Pout

So this morning I had my walk nice and early, but it was still hot! I've had enough of this heat...bring on the cold weather! My silly human mother forgot my cooling mat again after my walk this morning! I had to lie on the floor panting for almost 4 minutes before she remembered! Then she started getting ready for work...I can tell when she is going to work, because she starts blow drying her hair, etc. The hair dryer is my cue to begin pouting. Good pouting skills are very important. The better you are at pouting, the worse you can make your humans feel for abandoning you so thoughtlessly during the day. And the worse the humans feel about this, the more treats they put out before they leave! Today I laid down in the hallway facing the bathroom with my head resting on my paws, looking woefully into the mirror while my mother was doing her hair. She talked to me and tried to cheer me up, but I was not having it. Yeah, she spent a lot of time with me this weekend and we just went for a nice walk, blah blah blah. I merely gave a loud sigh and went to lie in my kennell. My efforts paid off - I scored the following booty before mom left for work:
  • one large Kong stuffed with crunchy peanut butter
  • one Kong Stuff A Ball filled with treats from the Petco treat bar
  • one Nobbly Wobbly filled with Milk Bones of various flavors
  • one peanut butter flavored Booda Bimples bone, Xtra large
Excellent - that should last me all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment