Monday, April 09, 2007

Doggie Treat Recipe Fundraiser - You Could be the Next Celebrity Chef!

Hey everyhusky (and everyone else). My mom was thinking that since so many pet foods and pet treats have been recalled recently that it would be a good idea to put together a recipe book for homemade dog treats that Harnessed to Hope could sell as a fundraiser. My mom has some recipes that she came up with for me, and she has some contributed by rescue volunteers, but I was wondering if any of my blogging friends would like to contribute recipes too. My mom said she would be glad to include your picture (pet pictures only please!) and your name and city to give you credit for the recipe.

There will be a section for baked doggie treats and a section for frozen doggie treats for the hot summer weather. My mom will also customize some recipes for doggies with food allergies and sensitive tummies.

This is your chance to get your picture in a book and help rescue dogs! Please email your photo and recipe to siberescuegirl@gmail.com. Please include your name and city so that my mom can give you credit for the recipe! Thank you!

You can also see me at school today by clicking here.

9 comments:

  1. I'm in! I'm in!!!! My human has a great summertime (or winter too) treat that is healthy, and low fat too! I just love it!!! I will be sure she sends you my beautiful picture with the recipe!! And I guarantee she will buy the book cuz she just spent almost $200 on the e-bay auction!! (thank goodness she likes to spend money on doggies!)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea Indy - I will get right on it and send you an email soon :-)

    Love
    Opy

    PS - I would be alittle wary of the anonymous comment above, I think it might be a nasty spam ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right Opy, so I deleted it. I'm glad to see that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great thing you have going there!

    Sadly, my humans know of no recipes........... Lazy bums just buy my snacks.

    Good luck with the fund raising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! We'll submit our muffin recipe for sure. We can't wait for them to go on sale!

    (We can help sell some here too if you want)

    The Brat Pack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Indy! Our humans don't have any good recipies. All they do for us is boil ground turkey to put in our kibble. We did hear that they want to start us on a raw diet like you. We'd be glad to buy the cookbook, though!! What a great idea for the Harnessed to Hope pups! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indy, what a great idea. I'm sure lots of doggies will buy that book with great receipes for doggies

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Indy! You could be like Iron Chef Siberia! Ha roooooo!
    I'll have to see if we have any good recipes!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay we'll bite. *hah* We'll submit the infamous Newfoundland Salmon Cookie.

    ReplyDelete